WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information that we collect from you:
When you register with us or use any of our services, we may collect your name, address, phone number, mobile phone number, email address, transaction information (such as credit or debit card details and charges) and item collection and delivery information, as well as other information necessary to provide the service.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in promotions or competitions.
We, or our third party business partners, may collect website and mobile app usage information such as: browser information; IP address; the site you come to our website from or go to after leaving our website; browsing activity (e.g. the time and duration of your browsing, the selections you make and pages you access); the type of device you use to access our website or mobile app; unique device identifying numbers; and the operating system your device uses.
If you activate a feature of our website or mobile app that detects your device's actual location, we may collect location data about you. Other than this we do not collect device location data, although your IP address may provide us with an approximate location usually no more precise than the city your device is in.
The information we collect about you from others:
When you place an order through one of our retail partners, that partner may share your personal data with us in order to perform the service. This data may be combined with data we collect from you directly.
When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you "Like" us on Facebook or post a review to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network.
When we deliver an item to you, the person sending the item may provide us with your name, address, phone number and other information that is relevant to providing the service.
If you are unable to pay charges for the services or fraudulent or other criminal activity is suspected relating to your account or the delivery of an item to or from you, we may be provided with information by credit reference agencies and organisations that prevent and detect fraud or other crimes.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To perform our services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or any third parties that have contracted us to fulfill their agreements with you.
- To send you service-related messages via email, phone or text. For example, we may send you service-related emails relating to account verification, order confirmation, order tracking, changes/updates to features of the service, technical and security notices.
- To send you information via email, post, phone or text about promotions or other offers we think may be of interest to you, including offers from third parties. Information about promotions and offers will only be sent to you in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- To deliver advertising on our website or app and third party websites or apps.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To undertake troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, improving the service and developing new products and services.
- To protect our rights or property or the rights and property of others, detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may disclose information we collect in the following circumstances:
- We share your personal information with our local delivery partners to perform the services.
- We may share information about the delivery and its progress with the sender of an item and the person receiving the item.
- We may share your information with our third-party service providers who help us provide our services, such as software providers, accountants, website developers, payment processors, billing and financial advisors, marketing and advertising partners, among others. These business partners will be given limited access to your information under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may share information about website and mobile app usage (collected through web technologies such as log files and clear gifs) with our third-party business partners who perform services on our behalf, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, content or service fulfillment, or providing analytics services.
- We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, or anonymised data with third parties.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If we sell, divest or transfer the company (including shares of the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets, and/or businesses to a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Istanbul Summit Shipping, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and crime detection and prevention.
Uses made of any feedback you leave on the Istanbul Summit Shipping delivery service:
The feedback that you leave on the Istanbul Summit Shipping delivery service helps us to improve the service that we offer and respond to customer needs appropriately.
If you post a review of our service through our website, we may post your review on the Istanbul Summit Shipping website and we may use the feedback in any Istanbul Summit Shipping marketing, analysis or promotional material. We will strive to maintain your anonymity by posting only your first name and the city in which your delivery was made.
We may ask you to share your review with your network on social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We'd really appreciate it if you could help us spread the word about Istanbul Summit Shipping via social networks, but to do so is entirely optional and will require you to authenticate your account with the social network. If you engage with Istanbul Summit Shipping on social media websites, such as by "Liking" us or by providing feedback on any Istanbul Summit Shipping page of a social media website, such as the Istanbul Summit Shipping pages on Facebook or Twitter, Istanbul Summit Shipping may collect your personal information from that social media site subject to your privacy settings on that site. Additionally, your social media profile information, including your photograph, may be displayed on Istanbul Summit Shipping’s social media page or the Istanbul Summit Shipping website along with your review of the service. We may also publish the review you have left on the Istanbul Summit Shipping page to your social medial page, subject to your social network privacy settings. Please refer to your privacy settings on your social media site to understand what information the social media site will share with third parties like Istanbul Summit Shipping.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You can unsubscribe from promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in each email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe or opt-out from service-related emails and SMS text messaging as these are critical to performing our service (e.g., account verification, order confirmations and tracking information, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
You may request that we delete your data at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you would like to access the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide as much information as you can about the information you are looking for so that we can deal with your request as quickly as possible.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or third party partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Istanbul Summit Shipping cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.